By tradition, every year at the beginning of September the Ethnographic Open-Air Museum „Etar“ becomes the venue for craftsmen from near and far who present their skills and unique articles to the numerous visitors of the International Fair of Traditional Crafts.
The fair’s organizers are the Ministry of Culture, Municipaity of Gabrovo, Ethnographic Open-Air Museum „Etar“.
The International Fair of Traditional Crafts at „Etar“ is unique for being the only fair based on a museum concept with strict adherence to tradition. The forum’s purpose is to inform and educate, as well as to promote the mission of preserving the cultural heritage. During the days of the fair local and foreign craftsmen get together, exchange know-how and make contacts. Meanwhile the event affords an opportunity for visitors to experience traditions in a unique manner.
The programme of the XV International Fair of Traditional Crafts includes:
* International Fair of Traditional Crafts (2nd – 6th September)
* International Craftsman Competition in Icon-Painting (2nd – 5th September)
* International Scientific Conference „Traditional Crafts – Past, Present and Future“ (4th – 5th September)
* „Textile Articles“ Bazaar Exhibition (2nd September – 20th October)
* „Traditional Technique of Decoration and Dyeing“ Bazaar Display (2nd – 3rd September)
* „ArtZone“ Bazaar Display (4th – 6th September)
* „Mastery from Near and Far“ Exhibition (June – September)
* „Traditional Crafts from Iran Exhibition (2nd – 6th September)
* Re-enactments and demonstrations of home occupations and folk customs (4th – 6th September)
* Music and dance programme (2nd, 3rd and 6th September)
11:00 h Opening
11:30 – 12:15 h Bulgare national folklore ensemble
15:00 – 15:45 h Bulgare national folklore ensemble
15:45 – 16:30 h Zipka folklore ensemble, Croatia
11:30 – 12:00 h Avigeya vocal group, Sofia
12:00 – 12:45 h Sivek folklore ensemble, Gabrovo
15:00 – 15:30 h Avigeya vocal group, Sofia
15:30 – 16:15 h Zipka folklore ensemble, Croatia
11:30 – 12:30 h Dimitar Liolev Quartet, Sofia
15:00 – 16:30 h Gabrovo Orchestra