The Church of Dormition of the Most Holy Theotokos in Gabrovo Sokolski Monastery
The Church of Dormition of the Most Holy Theotokos in Gabrovo Sokolski Monastery in Voditsi neighborhood. Founded in 1832 and built up in 1833 as a timber, and in 1834 of stone. Consecrated on August 15, 1834 by the Metropolitan of Tarnovo Ilarion of Crete. The iconostasis of the temple was made in 1862. Icons of the church are the work of icon-painters Joanicius papa Vitanov (1794-1853), Simeon Tsonyuv, Gabrovian Hristo Tsokev. Murals were painted in 1862 by Paul P. Pavlov and his son Nikolay Popovich from Shipka village.
In the monastery is located The Chapel of Holy Annunciation dedicated to existed in the center of Gabrovo the Annunciation nunnery. The latter was founded in 1836, with church built in 1846 and demolished in 1959. In the chapel icons were painted by Zahari Zograf and Gabrovian Gencho Filipov,
In the monastery courtyard there is beautiful National Revival fountain made of white stone, crafted by Master Kolyu Ficheto.
The monastery patronal festival is on the 15th of August.