CHURCH OF ST. JOHN THE PRECURSOR in Gabrovo
The Church of Saint John the Forerunner in Gabrovo, the oldest existing today urban church. Built between XV-XVI centuries. Reconstructed repeatedly. It had separate bell tower in the period 1870-end of the 40s of the twentieth century. In 80s of XIX c. Master Gencho Kanev built narthex and 2 dome. The bell tower built in 1952-1953. Iconostasis in the church is the work of carver master Georgi from Vidin in 1814. Much of the icons were painted by Tryavna icon-painters Joanicius papa Vitanov (1794-1853) and Simeon Tsonyuv. Its patronal festival is on 7th of January.